From A – Z
Day 3, Letter C
Cherish Every Breath You Take
“Life can end or be forever changed in a millisecond. It is important that we live it to the fullest and not take it for granted. We must find our purpose, and fulfill it.”
I learned at an early age the stages of grief by the loss of loved ones. By the age of 20, I had been to more funerals than years I had been alive. The trend continued well into my thirties. From friends, to co-workers, family members, and classmates it didn’t take long to realize; the shortness of life. One minute we are here, and the next we are gone forever.
Signs that a person is cherishing every breath:
– They treat others as though it was the last time they will see them, every time that they see them.
– When they are in the wrong, they apologize.
– They find themselves thankful for all things, both good and bad.
– They dream big and follow through.
– They live the best life they know how to live.
– They begin to build new bridges once they cross them instead of burning bridges that they may need to cross again someday.
– They focus on the big picture, and try hard not to get caught up in the minuet details.
– They make sure they have left no stones unturned.
– They accept the past and build towards the future.
– They live as best they can to have no regrets.
– When they are present, people notice.
– They give life all they have.
What matters the most in the end is that our spirits are free enough from any baggage, to enter into the after-life. Otherwise, we are just another episode of ghost hunters. Who wants to be another lost and broken spirit wandering the earth after death; due to unresolved business? Surely, not me.
As for me personally, I want to make peace with people while I am here and live the best possible life that I can. It is the only way to rest in peace, when our time here has expired.
© Angela Bininger and The Empowerers, 2009-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this websites author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.